- Kharkiv - is the second-largest city in Ukraine. Located in the north-east of the country and has a population of about 1.5 million people. Presently, Kharkiv operates as a major cultural, scientific, educational, transport and industrial centre of Ukraine, with 60 scientific institutes, 30 higher education universities and institutions, 6 museums, 7 theatres and 80 libraries.
- Odessa - is the third most populous city of Ukraine and a major seaport and transportation hub located on the northwestern shore of the Black Sea.
- Lviv - the largest city in western Ukraine and the seventh largest city in the country overall, is one of the main cultural centres of Ukraine.
- Batumi - located on the coast of the Black Sea in the country's southwest. Nizhniy Novgorod, Novosibirsk and Omsk.
- Kutaisi - is the legislative capital of Georgia, and its third largest city. Situated 221 kilometres (137 miles) west of Tbilisi, it is the capital of the western region of Imereti.